feeling or caused to feel uneasy and self-conscious;
"felt abashed at the extravagant praise"
"chagrined at the poor sales of his book"
"was embarrassed by her child's tantrums"
made to feel uncomfortable because of shame or wounded pride;
"too embarrassed to say hello to his drunken father on the street"
"humiliated that his wife had to go out to work"
"felt mortified by the comparison with her sister"
- The embarrassed boy fiddled with his hat.
- She was embarrassed when they asked her age.
- He was embarrassed by many debts.
- He has perfect poise and never seems embarrassed.
- He is embarrassed because he made a mistake.
- embarrass 使窘迫
Arnold gave an embarrassed grunt and excused his emotions.出自： O. Manning
- uncomfortable 不舒服的
- self-conscious 自觉的
- ashamed 感到惭愧的
- abashed 羞愧的
- mortified 动词mortify的过去...
- nonplussed 不知所措的
- discomfited 动词discomfit的...
- red-faced 面红耳赤的
- sheepish 羞怯的
- timid 胆怯的
- confused 困惑的
- ill at ease 不安
- at a loss 困惑
- nervous 神经的，神经细胞的，神经...
- in a bind 在困境的情况...
- straitened 贫困的
- in debt 负债
- in the red 负债
- insolvent 无力偿还的
- impecunious 没有钱的
- chagrined 失望的
- humiliated 动词humiliate的...