- 向下地,下行地 towards what is lower
spatially or metaphorically from a higher to a lower level or position;
"don't fall down"
"rode the lift up and skied down"
"prices plunged downward"
- He lay face downwards on his bed.
- The path led downwards to the village.
- The monkey was hanging head downwards from the branch.
- He lay on the floor face downwards.
- The garden sloped gently downwards to the river.
Small, thick writing,..running downwards on the page.出自： R. Lehmann
She ferreted in her bag; then held it up mouth downwards.出自： V. Woolf
From his nose and cheek-bones downwards his beard hung straight.出自： M. Sinclair