- [S]垮台，衰落 collapse
- [S]垮台(或衰落等)的原因 sth that causes a sudden fall from a high position
failure that results in a loss of position or reputation
the falling to earth of any form of water (rain or snow or hail or sleet or mist)
a sudden decline in strength or number or importance;
"the fall of the House of Hapsburg"
- The organization he had built up eventually became the instrument of his downfall.
- A downfall is expected, so take an umbrella.
- Pride was his downfall.
- He is not a snob and therein lay his downfall.
- Various factors contributed to his downfall.
- Greed was his downfall.
The downfall of his great expectations.出自： W. Irving
The..intellectual arrogance which led to his downfall in Greats.出自： R. P. Graves