a state of inactivity (in business or art etc);
"economic growth of less than 1% per year is considered to be economic stagnation"
a belt of calms and light winds between the northern and southern trade winds of the Atlantic and Pacific
- My brother has been in the doldrums since he failed to get on the swimming team.
- He's been in the doldrums ever since she left him.
- The bond market normally revives after the summer doldrums.
- Recently, trade appeared to be in the doldrums.
- in the doldrums 意气消沉,无精打彩...