- 谨慎的,慎重的,考虑周到的 careful or showing good judgement in what one says or does
marked by prudence or modesty and wise self-restraint;
"his trusted discreet aide"
"a discreet, finely wrought gold necklace"
unobtrusively perceptive and sympathetic;
"a discerning editor"
"a discreet silence"
heedful of potential consequences;
"physicians are now more circumspect about recommending its use"
"a discreet investor"
- It was not discreet of you to say that.
- Be more discreet or you'll get yourself talked about.
- I'll certainly be most discreet in my conversation.
- It was a discreet apartment in a quiet street.
- I should make a few discreet enquires about the girl before I marry her.
- We must be extremely discreet.
- He is discreet in word.
- He is very discreet in giving his opinions.
- It wasn't discreet of you to ring me up at the office.
- discreet in deed 行动谨慎
You should be more discreet in your bearing towards this soldier.出自： T. Hardy
Offering to the investor a highly discreet and even secretive service in banking.出自： F. Forsyth
- discreet意思是“（言行）谨慎的”、“慎重的”“有判断力的”（not saying too much；showing good sense and judgment），它的名词是 discretion.反义词是鲁莽: indiscreet（形容词）及 indiscretion （名词）。
- discrete意思是“分离的”、“不联络的”、“各异的”（separate，disjoined or individually distinct）。它的名词是 discreteness.