- [C]部,部门,系 one of the parts of a university, school, government, shop, big company, etc.
a specialized division of a large organization;
"you'll find it in the hardware department"
"she got a job in the historical section of the Treasury"
the territorial and administrative division of some countries (such as France)
a specialized sphere of knowledge;
"baking is not my department"
"his work established a new department of literature"
- He worked in community welfare department.
- He works in the drapery department of the store.
- He was elected the dean of our department.
- The students of our department numbered in the hundreds.
- The Immigration Department is tasked to exercise these functions.
- Don't ask me about our finances: that's my wife's department.
- He manages a large department store.
- A large department store is the sponsor of the annual Christmas parade.
- All representatives report to the sales department.
- The information is fed back to the appropriate government department.
- The Ministry of Education is a government department in charge of schools.
- There are some junior members of the staff in our department.
- Mr. White is a newly-appointed department head.
- Twelve departments comprise this university.12
- There are twenty departments in the humanities.
- Our department has engaged a foreign teacher as phonetic adviser.
- I filed my resignation with the department.
- The older worker draws his pension to the accountant's department.
- You should ask the personnel department for help.
- affect all departments 影响各个部门
- found a department 建立一个系
- have a department 有个…车间
- include a department 包括一个…科
- institute a department 设立一个系
- open up a department 开办一个车间
- set up a department 建立一个系
- accounting department 会计科
- biology department 生物系
- business department 营业部
- chemistry department 化学系
- English department 英语系
- government department 政府的一个部门
- finance department 财政部
- fire department 消防署
- French department 法语系
- furniture department 家具部
- German department 德语系
- health department 卫生局
- history department 历史系
- Italian department 意大利语系
- mathematics department 数学系
- music department 音乐系
- nursing department 护士学科
- physics department 物理系
- police department 警察局
- political science department 政治学系
- post department 邮购部
- service department 维修保养部
- shoes department 售鞋部
- Spanish department 西班牙语系
- the Foreign Languages D- 外语系
- the State D- 国务院
- women's clothing department 妇女服装部
- department store 百货商店
- department concerned 有关部门
- department of physics 物理系
- the D- of Agriculture 农业部
- the D- of Defense 国防部
- the D- of Education 教育部
- the D- of Energy 能源部
- in the department 在这部门
To find my way through departments of underwear, outfitting,..sport and cutlery.出自： C. Isherwood
Lombroso's own department of charlatanry was to attack Christian morals.出自： H. Belloc
- 在英美两国，department还可表示“大学里的系”，如department of foreign languages（外语系），但是在美国使用得更为普遍；
- department store, shop, store
- 这组词都可表示“商店”。其区别在于:shop在英国一般指零售商店,在美国还指专卖店,即出售固定商品的门市部; store为美国用词,指零售商店,其复数stores则指百货商店,相当于英式英语中的department store。例如:
- By the end of the year the little seed and grain shop had developed its trade considerably.到年底,那个种子、粮食小店的生意有了相当大的发展。
- She bought the sofa at the stores.她在百货公司买了这沙发。
- I do all my shopping at that department store.我什么都在那家百货商店买。
- department作商店解时，是美国英语，通常写为department store。
- ☆ 15世纪中期进入英语，直接源自古法语的dpartement，意为分开的部门，各自的生意；最初源自晚期拉丁语的departire。