- n. 部分；部门；章节；区域；断面；剖面图；零件；路段；切开
- v. 划分；切开
- [C] 章节 separate part of a document, book, etc.
- [C] 部分 any of the parts into which sth may be or has been divided
- [C] 部门,科 department of an organization, institution, etc.
- [C] 截面,剖面 view of sth seen as if cut straight through from top to bottom
- [C] 地区,区 area
a self-contained part of a larger composition (written or musical);
"he always turns first to the business section"
"the history of this work is discussed in the next section"
a very thin slice (of tissue or mineral or other substance) for examination under a microscope;
"sections from the left ventricle showed diseased tissue"
a distinct region or subdivision of a territorial or political area or community or group of people;
"no section of the nation is more ardent than the South"
"there are three synagogues in the Jewish section"
one of several parts or pieces that fit with others to constitute a whole object;
"a section of a fishing rod"
"metal sections were used below ground"
"finished the final segment of the road"
a small team of policemen working as part of a police platoon
one of the portions into which something is regarded as divided and which together constitute a whole;
"the written part of the exam"
"the finance section of the company"
"the BBC's engineering division"
a land unit equal to 1 square mile
(geometry) the area created by a plane cutting through a solid
a small class of students who are part of a larger course but are taught separately;
"a graduate student taught sections for the professor's lecture course"
a division of an orchestra containing all instruments of the same class
a small army unit usually having a special function
a specialized division of a large organization;
"you'll find it in the hardware department"
"she got a job in the historical section of the Treasury"
a segment of a citrus fruit;
"he ate a section of the orange"
the cutting of or into body tissues or organs (especially by a surgeon as part of an operation)
divide into segments;
"segment an orange"
"segment a compound word"
- White lines divide the playing area into sections.
- I hope someone competent will join our section.
- The report has a section on accidents at work.
- She lives near the business section.
- This illustration shows a section through the timber.
- The architect drew the house in section.
- The shed comes in sections that you assemble yourself.
- While driving on the bumpy section of the road, he switches on the shock-absorbers.
- The surgeon performed a section on the vein.
- the classified section 分类广告版
- the conservative section 保守派
- the large section 大部分
- the oblique section 斜断面
- the political section 政治部分
- the residential section 住宅区
He picked up his axe and began to split the sections of box-tree.出自： T. Keneally
She..began to section the grapefruit.出自： C. Macleod