any process whereby sounds or words are left out of spoken words or phrases
(genetics) the loss or absence of one or more nucleotides from a chromosome
the omission that is made when an editorial change shortens a written passage
the act of deleting something written or printed
- He made several deletions to the manuscript.
- Below is a list of the most recent deletions.
- Permanently converted to insertions and deletions.
- All these deletions must be reinserted.
- Hold the integer and delet the oddment.
- She amended the speech by making some additions and deletions.