英 ['deɪəti] 美 ['deɪəti]
- n. 神；神性
- n. （前加the）上帝
any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force
- The evil deity has not yet revived compietely.
- Many animals were seen as the manifestation of a deity.
- Suppose one person gets into It by propitiating the Deity with hymns and worship, and you are pushed into It.
- The Deity is regarded as the perfect intelligence ruling over all of divine creation.
- Still I was but an agent, led on by an invisible and offended Deity, who chose not to withhold the fatal blow that I was destined to hurl.
- the Deity 上帝
The Christian Church must maintain its historic faith in the deity of Christ.出自：Daily Telegraph