the form of theological rationalism that believes in God on the basis of reason without reference to revelation
- The tendency was rather towards Deism.
- All of these concerned are the deism.
- We must realize, however, that European Deism never took root in America.
- This ignores the distinction between theism, which usually considers God as an active agent in world history, and deism, which does not.
- Gradually, some aspects of the movement known as Deism gained influence among a few American intellectuals.
- Voltaire"s religion thoughts were a trinity of anti-church, deism and tolerant of religious.