of an obscure nature;
"the new insurance policy is written without cryptic or mysterious terms"
"a deep dark secret"
"the inscrutable workings of Providence"
"in its mysterious past it encompasses all the dim origins of life"
"rituals totally mystifying to visitors from other lands"
having a secret or hidden meaning;
"cabalistic symbols engraved in stone"
"thoroughly sibylline in most of his pronouncements"
- Marvel at cryptic error messages!
- A darker, gothic, cryptic and creepier environment.
- A few have been unresponsive or cryptic.
- I don't know what this cryptic remark is intended to convey.
- Hidden Weapon is the most cryptic stunt in Chinese Kungfu.
- To put on a mask, come to our Cryptic masquerade ball!