- vi. 畏缩；觉得尴尬不安或难为情；阿谀，奉承
- n. 畏缩；阿谀，奉承
draw back, as with fear or pain;
"she flinched when they showed the slaughtering of the calf"
show submission or fear
- People often cringe when they hear the word "fat".
- But just the thought of mentioning it to her made him cringe.
- It may be difficult to believe, but some people actually cringe when an opportunity presents itself.
- His way of sleeping makes me cringe.
- I cringe when I think of the poems I wrote then.
- I cringe with embarrassment when I reread those first stories I wrote.
- cringeworthy 产生尴尬感觉的...
Performing cringes and congees like a court-chamberlain.出自： Thackeray
Alternative fits of swagger cringe.出自： Thomas Hughes
Bridges that made Anne's flesh cringe with..fear.出自： L. M. Montgomery
The dogs cringed to the ground and whined piteously.出自： J. Steinbeck
Some of the things I'm supposed to say..make me cringe with embarrassment.出自： D. Lodge