- v. 爬行；卑躬屈膝；自由式游泳
- n. 爬行；匍匐而行；[体]自由式游泳
- vi. 爬,爬行,匍匐而行; 徐缓而行 move slowly with the body close to the ground, or on the hands and knees
- vi. 巴结,奉承 try to win the favor of sb in a powerful position by being too nice to them
- [S]缓慢的爬行 a very slow movement or speed
- [U]自由式 a rapid way of swimming while lying on one's stomach, moving first one arm and then the other over one's head
a very slow movement;
"the traffic advanced at a crawl"
a swimming stroke; arms are moved alternately overhead accompanied by a flutter kick
a slow mode of locomotion on hands and knees or dragging the body;
"a crawl was all that the injured man could manage"
"the traffic moved at a creep"
move slowly; in the case of people or animals with the body near the ground;
"The crocodile was crawling along the riverbed"
feel as if crawling with insects;
"My skin crawled--I was terrified"
be full of;
"The old cheese was crawling with maggots"
show submission or fear
swim by doing the crawl;
"European children learn the breast stroke; they often don't know how to crawl"
- The baby is just learning to crawl.
- Soldiers quietly crawl to advance to enemy.
- You must not crawl into the favor of your superiors.
- I hate people who creep and crawl to others.
- European children learn the breast stroke; they often don't know how to crawl.
- The crawl of snake is terrifying.
- It was not a walk, not a run; it was a crawl.
- He can swim breaststroke, backstroke and crawl.
- I'm best at the crawl, but I enjoy the breast stroke, too.
- We learn to crawl before we learn to walk.
- He's always crawling.
- Traffic was moving at a crawl.
- Can you do the crawl?
- crawl to( v.+prep. )
巴结,奉承 try to win the favour of sb in a powerful position by being too nice to them
crawl to sb
You should be ashamed of yourself, crawling to the director like that.
- crawl with( v.+prep. )
爬满,满是 swarm with crawling things
crawl with sb/sth
The lawn was crawling with ants.
The platform was crawling with grey-green uniforms.
A real crawl, moving along deliberately with his tummy right off the floor, is very unusual before six months.出自： P. Leach
Time slowed to an inchworm's crawl.出自： S. King
Slow crawl'd the snail.出自： J. Gay
My grandson, nearly a year old,..had hardly tried to crawl yet.出自： R. C. Hutchinson
A mythical universe peopled by lonely creatures crawling through the mud on their bellies.出自： M. Esslin
- crawl用作动词的基本意思是“爬行”,指腹部或双膝和手贴地爬行; 也可指“徐缓而行”,多用于指车辆缓慢前进,间或也可用于指时间。crawl与介词to搭配,意为“巴结,奉承”,多用于指下级对上级; 与介词with搭配,意为“爬满…,满是”。
- crawl, climb
- climb是指“用手脚攀登”,一般用于垂直地或倾斜地向高处爬; 而crawl一词是水平地“顺地爬,蠕动,匍匐前进”的意思。例如:
- After many attempts to climb it, the mountain was finally conquered〔overcome〕 in 1985.经过多次努力攀登,这座山终于在1985年被征服了。
- The baby crawled across the room.那个婴孩从房间的这边爬到那边。
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的crawlen，意为爬行。
- creep 蹑手蹑脚地走...
- grovel 趴
- skulk 躲躲闪闪
- sneak 偷偷摸摸做
- slink 偷偷溜走
- inch 英寸
- wriggle 蠕动
- scuttle 煤斗
- suck up 吸收
- flatter 奉承
- butter up 过分恭维
- edge 边缘
- slither （使）滑行
- snake 蛇
- apologize 道歉
- eat humble pie 忍辱含垢(忍气吞声...
- eat crow [美口]忍辱
- cringe 畏缩
- cower 畏缩
- fawn 未满周岁的小鹿...
- worm 虫
- drag oneself along 拖着脚走
- trail 踪迹
- belly 腹部
- drag 拖
- sneak up on 慢慢到来,渐渐来临...
- creep up on 爬向(慢慢到来)...
- come up on 出现在
- be filled with 充满
- be full of 充满, 有很多的...
- swarm with 充满
- be swamped with 被
- toady 谄媚者
- creeping 爬行的
- front crawl 爬泳
- Australian crawl 澳大利亚式爬泳...
- crawling 爬行
- climb 攀登