英 [ˌkɒntju'meɪʃəs] 美 [ˌkɑːntu'meɪʃəs]
- adj. 不听命令的；顽固的；拒不服从的
wilfully obstinate; stubbornly disobedient;
"a contumaceous witness is subject to punishment"
- On his refusal to appear in person or by his attorney, he was pronounced contumacious.
- There is another efficacious method for subduing the most obstinate, contumacious sinner.
- On his refusal to appear in person or by his attorney,he was pronounced contumacious.
- WORD OF THE DAY: contumacious: stubbornly disobedient. Some parents wonder why their children are so contumacious.
- Hard labor for life had been the sentence pronounced against the escaped and contumacious accomplices.
- He is contumacious as a ass.