- adj. 相反的；截然不同的；执拗的
- n. 反面；相反
- 对立的，相对立的， 与之相异的
- （恰恰）相反， 与此相反，正相反
- 相反的事物， 对立物
- 反对地， 作对地
- 相反的,相违的 opposite in nature, tendency or direction
- [S]相反,反面,对立面 the opposite
a relation of direct opposition;
"we thought Sue was older than Bill but just the reverse was true"
"public opinion to the contrary he is not guilty"
a logical relation such that two propositions are contraries if both cannot be true but both can be false
very opposed in nature or character or purpose;
"acts contrary to our code of ethics"
"the facts point to a contrary conclusion"
of words or propositions so related that both cannot be true but both may be false;
"`hot' and `cold' are contrary terms"
resistant to guidance or discipline;
"Mary Mary quite contrary"
"an obstinate child with a violent temper"
"a perverse mood"
in an opposing direction;
"a contrary wind"
- Hot and cold are contrary terms.
- My sister's taste in dresses is contrary to my own.
- Mrs. Smith is too contrary to make friends easily.
- Cruelty is the contrary of kindness.
- On the contrary,I have tons of things to do.
- on the contrary
(与此)相反,正相反 the opposite is true; not at all
- to the contrary
有相反情况,相反的 indicating or proving the opposite
- contrary to 违背…的
- prove the contrary 证明相反
Artificial perfumes were contrary to her tastes.出自： C. Beaton
A passionate struggle raging between two contrary impulses.出自： B. Bettelheim