- [C]竞争者；参赛者 a competitor in a competition
a person who participates in competitions
a person who dissents from some established policy
- The hostess promised to give each contestant, a fair show in answering the questions.
- Maddy got in because she was the best contestant - the judges saw that she was fit to do the job.
- The age of contestant is limited under 16.
- A contestant may withdraw, or be withdrawn from a competition through injury.
- Before the television quiz program, there was a warm-up to prepare the contestant.