- [C]竞争者；参赛者 a competitor in a competition
a person who participates in competitions
a person who dissents from some established policy
- The hostess promised to give each contestant, a fair show in answering the questions.
- Maddy got in because she was the best contestant - the judges saw that she was fit to do the job.
- The age of contestant is limited under 16.
- A contestant may withdraw, or be withdrawn from a competition through injury.
- Before the television quiz program, there was a warm-up to prepare the contestant.
- The contestants lined up for the 100-yard dash.
- Many of the 18 contestants were looking a little shy.
- The next contestant surprised me. She made 139 jumps in half a minute.
- Her Olympic experience gave her a big advantage over the other contestants for the final victory.