- n. 注释；评论；闲话
- v. 评论；注释
- 做注解, 做评注
- 评论,意见,解释,批评 written or spoken remark giving an opinion on; explaining or criticizing
- vt. & vi. 评论; 谈论 make a remark; give an opinion
a statement that expresses a personal opinion or belief or adds information;
"from time to time she contributed a personal comment on his account"
a written explanation or criticism or illustration that is added to a book or other textual material;
"he wrote an extended comment on the proposal"
a report (often malicious) about the behavior of other people;
"the divorce caused much gossip"
make or write a comment on;
"he commented the paper of his colleague"
explain or interpret something
provide interlinear explanations for words or phrases;
"He annotated on what his teacher had written"
- The comment is recorded in the event log.
- He made no comments on our proposal.
- Her strange behavior caused a good deal of comment.
- He commented that it was an excellent film.
- To get rid of the problem, the easiest solution is to comment out the offending lines.
- Sorry, no comments.
- Have you any comments on the proposal?
- Comment is needless.
- They watched and commented.
- “What did you say about his work?”“I didn't comment.”
- “Good enough for you,”my mother commented coldly.
- The play has been favourably commented by the audience.
- The discovery is hardly commented by the press.
- He commented that he thought it was time for us to go home.
- Joan commented that it was a better play than usual, and I agreed.
- comment on〔upon〕 (v.+prep.)
就(某人某事)发表看法; 评论(某人等) express one's opinion about (sth or sb)
comment on sb/sth
Would you care to comment on any troublesome students in your class?
I commented on his actions, speech without any prejudice.
The minister refused to comment publicly on these claims.
部长拒绝公开评论这些要求。comment on wh-clause
Would the mayor care to comment on why he voted against the new housing project?
The teacher often comments on〔upon〕 how different the two boys are.
- add comment 加注释
- arouse〔cause, excite, provoke〕 comment 引起评论
- ask for〔offer〕 comments 征求〔提出〕意见
- ban comments 禁止评论
- call for comment 要求评论
- have comments 有意见
- make〔publish〕 a comment 发表意见
- need comment 需要评论
- quote a comment 引用评论
- brief〔further〕 comment 简短〔进一步〕的评论
- critical〔detailed, helpful〕 comment 尖刻〔详尽,有益〕的批评
- current〔suggestive〕 comment 时事〔建议性〕评论
- adequate comment 充分评论
- newspaper〔press〕 comments 报纸〔报界〕的评论
- comment book 留言簿
- in current comment 在时事评论里
- a good deal of comment 许多议论
- a page of comments 一页注解
- without comment 不加评论
- comments about sportsmen 对运动员的评论
- comments from the newspapers 来自各报的评论
- comments on events 时事评论
- comment hardly 几乎未加评论
- comment admiringly 赞赏地议论
- comment appreciatively 欣赏地议论
- comment coldly 冷淡地说
- comment dryly 枯燥乏味地议论
- comment favourably 称赞
- comment gratefully 感激地议论
- comment humorously 幽默地议论
- comment interestingly 有趣地议论
- comment quaintly 离奇地议论
- comment pityingly 遗憾地议论
- comment about 对…发表看法
- comment on〔upon〕 对…发表意见; 批评; 评论; 注释
- comment on a current topic 评论时事问题
- comment on developments 对发展发表意见
- comment on the situation 评论局势
Bibles with cuts and comments.出自： G. Crabbe
No one can go and post a letter without a comment being made.出自： V. Glendinning
He would act the biblical stories on which he was commenting.出自： Day Lewis
Eisenhower never commented on him except in private.出自： C. Ryan
- comment一般用作不及物动词,后面常接介词on或upon,表示“就(某人〔某事〕)发表看法,评论(某人等)”, comment也可用作及物动词,这时后跟that从句。
She commented that she was happy to be a guest in their country.
- comment作名词时，可以是抽象名词，如Comment is needless，也可以作类名词，如He made a comment on her essay。
- comment, animadvert, commentate, remark
- 参见 remark条。
- ☆ 1400年左右进入英语，直接源自后期拉丁语的commentum，意为发明，设计。