almost do or experience something;
"She came near to screaming with fear"
"We were approaching our destination"
"They are drawing near"
"The enemy army came nearer and nearer"
come near in time;
"Winter is approaching"
"approaching old age"
- The cat hissed as the dog came near it.
- The little boy was afraid to go near the monkey.
- Politicians are busy near election time.
- They laid mines to keep the enemy from coming near.
- These two expressions come down to much the same.
- He came near being taken in by the quake.
- He that is afraid of wounds must not come near a battle. 怕受伤就别上战场。...
- come near doing 几乎
- come near to 近似(接近于...