a joyful occasion for special festivities to mark some happy event
any joyous diversion
the public performance of a sacrament or solemn ceremony with all appropriate ritual;
"the celebration of marriage"
- The hotel had a grand celebration for its opening.
- "(actors, singers, etc.) perform for outside salary income without approval by the unit they belong to"
- The celebration will run from next Monday.
- Preparations for a big celebration were under way.
- The date of celebration is in the air.