a festival marked by merrymaking and processions
a frenetic disorganized (and often comic) disturbance suggestive of a large public entertainment;
"it was so funny it was a circus"
"the whole occasion had a carnival atmosphere"
a traveling show; having sideshows and rides and games of skill etc.
- Let's go to Brazil and join their Carnival.
- The last day of the carnival is always the craziest .
- While I was in Madrid there was a carnival.
- Our street puts on a carnival every year.
- He's good at dressing shop windows but he really had to put his thinking cap on when they asked him for an idea for a carnival float.