- n. 囚禁；被俘；束缚
the state of being imprisoned;
"he was held in captivity until he died"
"the imprisonment of captured soldiers"
"his ignominious incarceration in the local jail"
"he practiced the immurement of his enemies in the castle dungeon"
the state of being a slave;
"So every bondman in his own hand bears the power to cancel his captivity"
- He had been kept in captivity for a month.
- They prayed for an early deliverance from captivity.
- He was released from his long captivity.
- Captivity of itself is not a condition of culpability.
- It came as the joyous daybreak to end the long night of their captivity.