- v. 酿造；泡（茶）；酝酿；策划
- n. 酿造物；（酿造物的）质地；混合物
- Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless 无线二进制运行环境
- vt. & vi. 调制,酿造 prepare
- vt. & vi. 酝酿,图谋 gather; be forming; bring about
drink made by steeping and boiling and fermenting rather than distilling
prepare by brewing;
"people have been brewing beer for thousands of years"
sit or let sit in boiling water so as to extract the flavor;
"the tea is brewing"
- He brews his own beer at home.
- The tea is brewing and will be served soon.
- A storm is brewing.
- They are brewing a plot behind the scenes.
- The machine produces a brew that is dark in colour and complex in taste.
- I like a stronger brew of tea.
- Their politics were a strange brew of idealism and self-interest.
- He sells the beer as soon as he can brew.
- As you brew, so you must drink.
- It looks as if a storm is brewing.
- A crisis is brewing.
- He brews beer at home.
- She brewed another pot of tea.
- He brewed cups of thick Turkish coffee.
- The boys are brewing some mischief.
- I'm sure he's brewing trouble.
- The policeman dispelled the crowd lest they should brew trouble.
- The wine is brewed from rice.
- It is brewed from malt and hops.
- The captain asked his officers to take precautions, because a plot was brewed among the sailors.
- She brewed us some tea.
- The boy brewed his mother a cup of coffee as soon as she got home.
- She brewed some tea for us.
- brew up (v.+adv.)
酿成,逐渐出现 arise gradually
brew sth ⇔ up
I have been brewing up some beer, would you like to try some?
Let's brew up some more tea.
The workers are still spending too much time brewing up the tea; this practice will have to stop!
I think there's a storm brewing up.
There's trouble brewing up at the meeting.
It was obvious that a big storm was brewing up.
We saw a cloud of smoke and steam...We feared that Saruman was brewing some new devilry for us.出自： Tolkien