- [C]弓,弓形物 piece of wood bent into a curve by tight string joining its ends, used as a weapon for shooting arrows
- [C]鞠躬,低头 an act of bending forward the head or the upper part of the body, especially to show respect
- vt. & vi. (向…)弯腰; 鞠躬 bend the upper part of the body forward, as a way of showing respect, admitting, defeat, etc.
- vt. 低头,俯首 bend (one's head) forward
a knot with two loops and loose ends; used to tie shoelaces
a slightly curved piece of resilient wood with taut horsehair strands; used in playing certain stringed instruments
front part of a vessel or aircraft;
"he pointed the bow of the boat toward the finish line"
a weapon for shooting arrows, composed of a curved piece of resilient wood with a taut cord to propel the arrow
something curved in shape
bending the head or body or knee as a sign of reverence or submission or shame or greeting
an appearance by actors or performers at the end of the concert or play in order to acknowledge the applause of the audience
a decorative interlacing of ribbons
a stroke with a curved piece of wood with taut horsehair strands that is used in playing stringed instruments
bend one's knee or body, or lower one's head;
"He bowed before the King"
"She bowed her head in shame"
yield to another's wish or opinion;
"The government bowed to the military pressure"
bend the head or the upper part of the body in a gesture of respect or greeting;
"He bowed before the King"
bend one's back forward from the waist on down;
"he crouched down"
"She bowed before the Queen"
"The young man stooped to pick up the girl's purse"
play on a string instrument with a bow
- At that time, people hunt with bows and arrows.
- He moved aside for her with a polite bow.
- She has a dress decorated with bows.
- My little sister can tie shoelaces in a bow.
- The yacht hit a rock and damaged her bows.
- The cast bowed as the audience applauded.
- Every one bowed as the Queen walked into the room.
- Those branches were bowed down by the snow on them.
- He drew the bow and shot an arrow.
- The archer can bend a strong bow.
- This bow is used to play the violin.
- The rainbow is a bow.
- She fastened her hair with a bow of ribbon.
- The waves broke over the bows of the boat.
- He made a polite bow to me.
- He gave the teacher a bow and moved away with tears in the eyes.
- The conductor had the soloists take a bow.
- The new book will make its bow early next year.
- The trees bowed in the wind.
- He bowed his thanks.
- They bowed their heads in prayer.
- He bowed me to the door.
- He was bowed into a taxi.
- He is bowed with age.
- He bowed me his heartiest thanks.
- another〔two〕 string(s) to one's bow
有不止一个计划〔办法〕 additional attribute or talent
- bow before〔to〕 (v.+prep.)
听从,同意… yield to sth
- bow down (v.+adv.)
屈服 admit defeat and agree to serve sb
bow sth ⇔ down
The apple tree was bowed down with the weight of its fruit.
He was bowed down with troubles.
We shall never bow down to our enemies.
- bow out (v.+adv.)
放弃做(某事) stop doing sth
bow sb/oneself ⇔ out
The servant bowed the guests out as they left.
When leaving the presence of the princess, you have to bow yourself out as you go.
辞别公主时,你必须躬身退出。bow oneself ⇔ out
Jim bowed himself out of the competition when he learned who his opponent was.
- bow string 弓弦
- bow low 深深鞠躬
- bow politely 彬彬有礼地行礼
- bow down to 崇拜…
- bow down upon one's knees 跪下请求
- bow down with age 因年老而腰弯
- bow sb in 恭敬地迎进某人
- bow sb out 恭敬地送出某人
A dewie Cloud, and in the Cloud a bow.出自： Milton
The grim line of her mouth unfroze and altered, down-drawn into a bow of pain.出自： P. Gallico
Like an ass whose back with ingots bows.出自：Measure for Measure , Shakespeare
When..the strong men shall bowe themselves.出自：Bible (AV): Ecclesiastes
She bow'd down And wept in secret.出自： Tennyson
- bow用作及物动词,接名词或代词作宾语,有时也可接双宾语; 用作不及物动词,后可接介词或副词。
- bow, arc, arch, curve
- 这四个词都指“弯曲,曲线”。curve含意最广,指任何一种不中断但不断改变方向的曲线; arc指弧线; arch指弓形物,拱门等; bow则指射箭用的弓,弓形物,指弯曲到“U”形之物。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的bugan；最初源自原始日耳曼语的bugon，意为弯曲，鞠躬。
- stoop 佝偻
- bend 弯曲
- kneel 跪
- arc 弧
- obeisance 鞠躬
- curve 曲线
- arch 拱
- crossbow 石弓
- longbow （中世纪时英格兰所用的）...
- Cupid's bow 爱神丘比特之弓...
- bob 上下疾动
- curtsy 屈膝礼
- distort 歪曲
- deform 使变形
- droop 低垂
- sag 下垂
- bend over 弯腰
- lower 低的
- lean 倾斜
- crouch 蹲下
- stem 柄
- submit 使服从
- bow down 鞠躬
- bowing 鞠躬
- defer 推迟
- fore 在前的
- prow (飞机)机头
- curtain call 谢幕
- accede 同意
- bowknot 蝴蝶结
- give in 屈服
- twist 缠绕
- crook 钩
- stern 严厉的