- [C]曲线,弧线 line of which no part is straight and which changes direction without angles
- [C]曲线状物,弯曲物 thing shaped like this
- vt. & vi. (使)弯成弧形 (cause to) have the form of a curve
the trace of a point whose direction of motion changes
a line on a graph representing data
a pitch of a baseball that is thrown with spin so that its path curves as it approaches the batter
the property possessed by the curving of a line or surface
curved segment (of a road or river or railroad track etc.)
turn sharply; change direction abruptly;
"The car cut to the left at the intersection"
"The motorbike veered to the right"
extend in curves and turns;
"The road winds around the lake"
"the path twisted through the forest"
form an arch or curve;
"her back arches"
"her hips curve nicely"
bend or cause to bend;
"He crooked his index finger"
"the road curved sharply"
form a curl, curve, or kink;
"the cigar smoke curled up at the ceiling"
- His plane swooped a beautiful curve up and down.
- The stairs ascended in a graceful curve.
- His spine developed a slight curve.
- The car made a sharp curve.
- The driver lost control on a curve and the vehicle hit a tree.
- The falling star described a long curve in the sky.
- sharp curve 锐谐振曲线
- curve course〔path〕 弯曲的道路
- curve in the road 一段弯路
The population curve has slowed down.出自：Listener