- 生命（力），生命液 ，活力，元气
- 血统，种族 ，家族关系
- 使取得初次经验，让（人）开始取得新经验， 让新人初试做某事
- [U]血,血液 red liquid flowing through the body
- [U]血统,家族 family relationship
the fluid (red in vertebrates) that is pumped through the body by the heart and contains plasma, blood cells, and platelets;
"blood carries oxygen and nutrients to the tissues and carries away waste products"
"the ancients believed that blood was the seat of the emotions"
temperament or disposition;
"a person of hot blood"
a dissolute man in fashionable society
the descendants of one individual;
"his entire lineage has been warriors"
people viewed as members of a group;
"we need more young blood in this organization"
smear with blood, as in a hunting initiation rite, where the face of a person is smeared with the blood of the kill
- The dog's fur was matted with blood.
- She was sick at the sight of the blood.
- A drop of blood slid down his leg.
- The wounded man was covered with blood.
- He has oriental blood in his veins.
- They are not of the same blood.
- Someone told me that she has royal blood.
- There is a lot of bad blood between those two families.
- He did not want to see any American blood spilt.
- His wound was streaming with blood.
- Blood is thicker than water.
- Blood circulates through the body.
- The knife blade was stained with blood.
- The doctors analyzed the blood sample for anemia.
- The doctor wanted a specimen of his blood.
- Blood donors give blood for use in hospitals.
- The mayor launched an appeal to the public to give blood to the victims of the disaster.
- Blood was still oozing from the wound.
- Blood trickled down his face.
- Much blood was shed in the war.
- Their money bleeds black blood.
- That's blood and guilt money.
- The war cost so much British blood.
- He didn't act like a blood all the time.
- He is of the purest Arab blood.
- They have Jewish blood.
- The boy had the blood in him and there it was.
- That would put blood in the eye of his critics.
- It makes my blood boil.
- Men will say things when their blood is up which they regret after they have cooled down.
- His blood was up.
- be in the blood
家族共有的特征 be a quality with which many members of the same family are born
- in cold blood
冷静地,残酷地 sober, calm; unfeeling, hard-hearted
- cough blood 咳出血
- draw blood 抽血
- feed on blood 靠吸血活命
- freeze sb's blood 使某人极度恐惧
- give one's blood to 把血输给…
- let blood 放血
- lose blood 失血
- make one's blood run cold 使极度害怕
- make blood boil 使某人火冒三丈
- stop the blood 止血
- sweat blood 拼命干活
- test the blood 验血
- type blood 测定血型
- bad blood 憎恨
- blue blood 贵族血统
- foreign blood 外国血统
- fresh blood 新鲜血液,新成员
- hot blood 激动的,热切的
- mixed blood 混血
- old blood 老成员
- pure blood 纯血统,纯种
- tired blood 身体衰弱
- whole blood 健康的血
- young blood 新成员,纨绔子弟
Go, suck the subtle blood o' th' grape.出自：Timon of Athens , Shakespeare
- blood是不可数名词,没有复数形式,其本意为“血,血液”,也指无脊椎低等动物体中相当于血液的体液; 还可引申为“血统,亲属”“血气,脾气”。表示“流血”一般不说bleed blood,但在美国黑人英语中可说bleed black blood。
- 在new blood, fresh blood, old blood几个短语中blood统指“人员”。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的blod，意为血。