a very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk;
"the baby began to cry again"
"she held the baby in her arms"
"it sounds simple, but when you have your own baby it is all so different"
(slang) sometimes used as a term of address for attractive young women
- She seemed a babe although she was already thirty.
- Do you know the woman with a babe in her arms?
- He believes anything he's told, just like a babe in arms.
- He was like a babe in the woods when he first came to New York.
- Ralf stutters whenever he talks with a beautiful babe.
- Did you see that babe over there? I'm dating her.
- a babe in arms 需人怀抱的婴儿,天真...
- a babe in the woods 幼稚盲从的人...
- a babe in the wood 幼稚盲从的人, 无经...
- innocent as a babe unborn 完全清白无辜...
- as innocent as a babe unborn 象没出世或刚诞生的婴...
- the child unborn 尚未出世的婴孩...
- babe in arms 怀抱着的婴儿,还不会...
- babes and sucklings 年轻的小伙子们...
- babe of love 非婚生子
- the babe unborn 天真烂漫的孩子,纯洁...