(Genesis 11:1-11) a tower built by Noah's descendants (probably in Babylon) who intended it to reach up to heaven; God foiled them by confusing their language so they could no longer understand one another
a confusion of voices and other sounds
- A babel of voices can be heard.
- The Babel of antiquity foreshadows the babble of 1991.
- Babel and the Great Wall can be regarded as two versions of globalization narration, who eroded each other's territory and try to build a world without conflict.
- tower of Babel 古代巴比伦未建筑成的...
- tower of Babel 古代巴比伦未建筑成的通天...