capable of being answered
morally or legally responsible to a higher authority;
"parents are answerable for their child's acts"
- We are not answerable for damages.
- The government answerable to the people.
- I am answerable to the company for the use of this equipment.
- He is answerable to the police commissioner for the conduct of the officer in his force.
- That question is not answerable.
If he have robb'd these men He shall be answerable.出自：1 Henry IV , Shakespeare
She would be answerable for her on all accounts.出自： Defoe
I will be answerable that this galliard meant but some Saint Valentine's jest.出自： Sir W. Scott
For the good administration of which the magistrate..was answerable to the power which appointed him.出自： E. A. Freeman