destruction by annihilating something
"bomb tests resulted in the annihilation of the atoll"
- The ememy was warned to capitulate or face annihilation.
- A full-scale nuclear war could lead to the annihilation of the human race.
- The brave sailor saved the fishing boat from annihilation.
- We have had many Dolphins and Whales ascend into disease or annihilation.
- self-annihilation 自杀
- annihilate 消灭
- annihilation radiation 湮没辐射,消灭放射线...
- positron annihilation 阳电子湮没
- annihilation reaction 湮没反应
- pair annihilation 偶湮没
- annihilation photon 湮没光子
- annihilation operator 湮灭算符,湮没算符...
- annihilation of dislocations 位错的相消
- annihilation fire 歼灭射击; 炮火反准...
- bubble annihilation 磁泡消除
The annihilation of our trade, the ruin of our credit.出自： Burke
When reason itself has opened a view into immortality, to put up contentedly with annihilation,swhat a dreadful stupefaction of the human spirit.出自： J. B. Mozley
The final catastrophe which brought the Jews so near to complete annihilation.出自： H. Arendt
Unescorted bombers ran a high risk of annihilation.出自： H. Wouk