- [U]破坏,毁灭,消灭 the act of destroying or state of being destroyed
the termination of something by causing so much damage to it that it cannot be repaired or no longer exists
an event (or the result of an event) that completely destroys something
a final state;
"he came to a bad end"
"the so-called glorious experiment came to an inglorious end"
- It will cause pollution and the destruction of our seas and oceans.
- Scientific knowledge was perverted to help cause destruction and war.
- Gambling was his destruction.
- We must not bring mass destruction on ourselves by waging an atomic world war.
- The destruction of the village must have been an act of god.
- The enemy bombs caused widespread destruction.
- The soldiers carried out the total destruction of the village.
How can we stand by and do nothing to prevent the destruction of the world?出自：Listener