- n. 忠诚；效忠
the act of binding yourself (intellectually or emotionally) to a course of action;
"his long commitment to public service"
"they felt no loyalty to a losing team"
the loyalty that citizens owe to their country (or subjects to their sovereign)
- The judge received their oath of allegiance.
- Private members keep up their outward allegiance to the parties they belong to.
- His allegiance has never been questioned.
- The soldiers swore allegiance to their motherland.
- He abjured his allegiance to the king.