a member of a group of English Protestants who in the 16th and 17th centuries thought that the Protestant Reformation under Elizabeth was incomplete and advocated the simplification and regulation of forms of worship
someone who adheres to strict religious principles; someone opposed to sensual pleasures
a person excessively concerned about propriety and decorum
- As a Puritan, he is strict in moral and religion.
- The extremer Puritan mood had gone.
- He also wrote parodies that poked fun at Puritan intolerance.
- The Puritan family, also maligned by ignorant moderns, stands as a model.
- puritan city 清教徒之城(美国波士...
- prude 过份正经的女人...