- 一丝机会， 暂短的时机
- [C] 窗户; 橱窗 open in the wall or roof of a building, car, etc. to let in light; space behind the window of a shop where goods are displayed for sale
- [C] 窗玻璃,窗状开口 piece of glass in the frame of a window; opening that resembles window
- [C] 〈计〉视窗 screen of a visual display unit regarded as a means of displaying part of drawing, etc. stored in a computer
- a framework of wood or metal that contains a glass windowpane and is built into a wall or roof to admit light or air
- a transparent opening in a vehicle that allow vision out of the sides or back; usually is capable of being opened
- a transparent panel (as of an envelope) inserted in an otherwise opaque material
- an opening that resembles a window in appearance or function;
"he could see them through a window in the trees"
- the time period that is considered best for starting or finishing something;
"the expanded window will give us time to catch the thieves"
"they had a window of less than an hour when an attack would have succeeded"
- a pane of glass in a window;
"the ball shattered the window"
- an opening in a wall or screen that admits light and air and through which customers can be served;
"he stuck his head in the window"
- (computer science) a rectangular part of a computer screen that contains a display different from the rest of the screen
- The fresh air blew in from the open window.
- Snowflakes were patting against the window.
- He looked out of the window.
- I saw the vase in the window of an antique shop.
- He looked at the shop window with greedy eyes.
- The car ran slap into the shop window.
- Love in its greatest opens the window of life.
The painter has a large studio with a window facing north.
The clumsy workman put his elbow through the window and broke it.
Light gets into a room through the glass in the window.
I saw the vase in the window of an antique shop.
The moon was sihning in the window and made shadow on the bed.
There are no lights in the windows of the town.
Some washed and sewed, others mopped the floor and cleaned the windows.
The ball smashed a window.
The eyes are the windows of the wind.
There is a little window in the cassette case so that you can see the tape.
- a window on the world
世界之窗 observing and learning about people, especially those of other countries
International news broadcasts provide a window on the world. 国际新闻广播节目给大家提供了一个了解他国人民的世界之窗。
- 世界之窗 observing and learning about people, especially those of other countries
- fly out of the window
不再被考虑; 消失 be no longer considered; disappear
His confidence now flew out of the window. 这一来他的信心消失殆尽了。
With the failure of the peace talks all hopes of a swift end to the war have flown out of the window. 和谈失败后,迅速结束战争的希望都已化为乌有。
- 不再被考虑; 消失 be no longer considered; disappear
- window dressing
粉饰门面 presenting sth in the best possible way by revealing on; by its good features
They have painted the living room and tidied the garden in order to sell the house, but it's really only window dressing because the roof needs attention and the electric wiring is still unsafe. 为了出售房子他们粉饰了起居室并整理了花园,不过那其实只是粉饰门面而已,因为房顶需要修缮,供电线路还不安全。
- 粉饰门面 presenting sth in the best possible way by revealing on; by its good features
- window shopping
遛街看橱窗 looking at goods in shop windows with no intention of buying
We walked along the street but we were only window shopping. 我们沿街行走,但我们只是逛街到处看看而已。
I really intended just to go window shopping but I bought a new dress. 我本来只是逛逛商店而已,可我结果还是买了一件新连衣裙。
- 遛街看橱窗 looking at goods in shop windows with no intention of buying
- break a window 打破窗户
- clean a window 擦窗户
- close a window 关窗户
- crack a window 砸开窗户,打碎窗户
- lean over the window 倚在窗上
- leave open a window 让窗户开着
- look out of the window 从窗户往外看
- nail up a window 把窗子钉死
- open a window 开窗户
- roll down a window (in a car) 把(汽车)窗摇下来
- roll up a window (in a car) 把(汽车)窗摇上来
- shut a window 关窗户
- smash a window 打碎窗户
- tap at the windows (用手指)敲窗子
- throw open a window 推开窗户
- wash a window 洗窗
- wipe a window 擦窗子
- bay window (房子向外突出部分的)凸窗
- bow window (房子向外突出部分的)凸窗
- bus window 车窗
- display window (商店的)橱窗
- French window 落地长窗
- lattice window 花格窗
- shop window 商店橱窗
- store window 橱窗
- storm window 风雨窗,双层窗
- ticket window 卖票的窗口
Trees are to be seen From ev'ry window.出自：W. Cowper
One of them wanting the window open and the other wanting it shut.出自：Spectator
The thieves..smashed the window.出自：Daily News
'No walk this day!' said that young person, looking sadly out of the window.出自：E. M. Brent
- 在计算机术语中, window可作“视窗”解,指视频显示器的荧屏。
- ☆ 直接源自古斯堪的那维亚语的vindagua，意为风。
- window:window n. 窗, 窗口Google提供的广告习惯用语a window on the world 了解世界的手段, 与外国接触的工具[手段] (报刊专栏)世界之窗bay window 凸出墙外的…