- Upholding a black and white rule when there was so much gray area here is the right thing to do?
- It is said that Mrs White rules her husband strictly.
- White rule in Argentina, apartheid in South African and the murder of Native Americans are some examples of how the Western world brutally violates human right.
- Antoinette, the heroine of the story, as a descendent of former white ruling class, is rejected by the blacks.
- The white ruling classes in South Africa try to stem the tide against the color bar, but their efforts are doomed to failure.
- She got married when she was twenty and had two children but was increasingly unhappy about the political situation in Southern Rhodesia, particularly the racism of the white ruling class.