- 弱的,无力气的,易毁坏的,容易被击败的 lacking strength or power; easily broken, bent or defeated
- 功能不佳的 not functioning properly
- 无说服力的,无力的 not convincing or forceful
- 稀的,稀释的 containing a high proportion of water; dilute
- 未达高标准的,有缺陷的 not achieving a high standard; deficient
wanting in physical strength;
"a weak pillar"
overly diluted; thin and insipid;
(used of vowels or syllables) pronounced with little or no stress;
"a syllable that ends in a short vowel is a light syllable"
"a weak stress on the second syllable"
wanting in moral strength, courage, or will; having the attributes of man as opposed to e.g. divine beings;
"I'm only a fallible human"
tending downward in price;
"a weak market for oil stocks"
deficient or lacking in some skill;
"he's weak in spelling"
lacking bodily or muscular strength or vitality;
"a feeble old woman"
"her body looked sapless"
(used of verbs) having standard (or regular) inflection
not having authority, political strength, or governing power;
"a weak president"
deficient in magnitude; barely perceptible; lacking clarity or brightness or loudness etc;
"a faint outline"
"the wan sun cast faint shadows"
"the faint light of a distant candle"
"a faint hissing sound"
"a faint aroma"
"a weak pulse"
likely to fail under stress or pressure;
"the weak link in the chain"
deficient in intelligence or mental power;
"a weak mind"
- The troops were too weak to withstand.
- The small weak child became the scorn of the class.
- He was too weak even to lift his hand.
- She felt weak from lack of sleep.
- Your argument is too weak to convince me
- A person with weak sight cannot see far.
- According to the direction, we need a weak sugar solution.
- She spoke in a weak voice.
- Don't stand on that chair, it's got a weak leg.
- We need strong leaders, not weak ones.
- A weak fort can be easily captured.
- That was an incredibly weak answer.
- “Stepped” is a weak form. stepped
- Her pulse is weak; she must be very ill.
- She is not so weak as she looks.
- I'm very weak when it comes to giving up cigarettes.
- The young man is rather weak and may be easily led astray by bad companions.
- The arguments in favor of the proposal are very weak.
- Her French is rather weak.
- The tea is weak.
- The play was well acted, but I thought the plot was a bit weak.
- She was weak from a long illness.
- She is weak in the legs.
- The supports were too weak for the weight of the load.
- The old man is weak in body but not in mind.
- She is weak in classic literature.
- Her school report shows that she is weak at arithmetic and biology.
- She is a little weak in spelling.
- I am weak on names.
- The flu victim was too weak to walk.
- The walls are too weak to hold up the roof.
- The teacher's so weak that the children do what they like.
- a weak moment
易被说服或诱惑的时刻 time when one is unusually easily persuaded or tempted
- weak at the knees
一时两腿发软站不住 temporarily hardly able to stand because of emotion, fear, illness, etc.
- weak in the head
- weak answer 缺乏说服力的回答
- weak character 优柔寡断的性格
- weak coffee 淡咖啡
- weak constitution 虚弱的体质
- weak defence 不牢固的防御工事
- weak fort 不坚固的堡垒
- weak heart 心脏衰弱
- weak pretext 经不起推敲的托词
- weak railing 不牢固的栏杆
- weak soup 稀汤
- weak spots 弱点
- weak voice 微弱的声音
He despises me for being too weak to play.出自： V. Woolf
He felt so weak..that he found it impossible to lift a match.出自： M. Holroyd
- weak, feeble, infirm
- weak用于修饰人、人的身体及其各部分器官,为最普通用语; feeble多指体格、脉搏、声音等“虚弱的,无力气的”,语气较weak强且庄重。例如:
- Her pulse was very feeble.她的脉搏很微弱。
- My grandpa is infirm with age.我祖父年老体衰。
误 He is weak at sight and hearing.
正 He is weak in sight and hearing.
析 表示“在…方面差”,应该说be weak in,其中in不能改成at。
- ☆ 直接源自古斯堪的那维亚语的veikr，意为虚弱的。
- weakly adv. 软弱地; 无力地; 疲软地