- [C] 分水岭；分水线 the high land separating two river systems
- [C] 转折点 the point of an important change from one state of affairs to another
a ridge of land that separates two adjacent river systems
the entire geographical area drained by a river and its tributaries; an area characterized by all runoff being conveyed to the same outlet;
"flood control in the Missouri basin"
an event marking a unique or important historical change of course or one on which important developments depend;
"the agreement was a watershed in the history of both nations"
- Zhifanggou Watershed of Ansai is taken as a case study in this paper.
- The Great Dividing Range is Australia's main watershed.
- The mountain is the watershed of the two rivers of the Yangtze and Qiantang.
- Leaving her first job was a watershed in her life.
- Her visit to India proves to be a watershed in her life.
- The pindus mountains form the watershed between rivers flowing to the Aegean Sea and to the Ionian Sea.
- Our marriage was at a watershed.
- minor watershed 小流域
- watershed management 流域管理
- watershed area 分水界域,汇水面积,...
- surface watershed 地面分水岭
- zigzag watershed 锯齿状分水岭...
- agricultural watershed 农业流域
- watershed dam 源头坝
- watershed ecosystem 流域生态系统...
- watershed line 分水线,地形线...
- watershed divide 流域分界线
- watershed protection 流域保护
- underground watershed 地下流域
The publication of this book marked a watershed in their relationship.出自： M. Meyer