- World War II footage has that familiar black-and-white scene: a heavily damaged war bird lands out of control on the stern of a straight-deck carrier and crashes into a steel cable net, which prevents it from ramming into aircraft waiting to take off.
- The war was lost because of a shortage of munitions.
- The mayor is confident the war against crime will be won.
- The hope of a short war went glimmering.
- A series of provocations led up to the border war.
- The army was disbanded when the war came to an end.