an extraordinary power exercised (usually by the executive branch) in the prosecution of a war and involving an extension of the powers that the government normally has in peacetime
- As you see, what a charming subtext, that makes me have the strong decision of ordering the War Power leveling.
- Their broad war powers include air and sea forces. It is confirmed they possess extra powerful cruise missiles.
- Baker says the commission believes the 1973 War Powers Resolution needs to be replaced.
- The constitution vests the president with the power to declare war.
- The power to declare war resides in Congress.
- The war was lost because of a shortage of munitions.