- War Bond Debt securities issued by a government for the purpose of financing military operations during times of war.
- Their adolescence was spent in a topsy-turvy world of war bonds, swing shifts, and troop movements.
- Mickey Mouse played his part by appearing on insignia and posters urging national security and the purchase of war bonds.
- The war was lost because of a shortage of munitions.
- The mayor is confident the war against crime will be won.
- The hope of a short war went glimmering.