(geology) a rise of land to a higher elevation (as in the process of mountain building)
- You will see that larger bubbles can catch up with smaller ones due to the greater upthrust.
- The base of Thisterborg was ringed all around by mist, as if the hill was an island upthrust from a cobweb-gray sea.
- When you put an object in water gravity is trying to pull it downwards, but the water is trying to push it upwards (upthrust).
- China Everbright International (Stock Code 257), a principally environ performer, registered rosy yesterday defying the market, looking potential to upthrust further.
- upthrust of ground or pavement caused by the freezing of moist soil.
- Preservation Conditions for Palaeozoic Gas Reservoir of Upthrust Nappe Zone in Southern Eerduosi Basin