- v. 铺在下面；垫；支撑
- n. 地毯衬垫；衬底；衬垫物
a pad placed under a carpet
raise or support (the level of printing) by inserting a piece of paper or cardboard under the type;
"underlay the plate"
put (something) under or beneath;
"They underlaid the shingles with roofing paper"
provide with a base, support, lining, or backing;
"underlay the boards with joists"
- They underlaid the Atlantic with a cable.
- The slates were underlaid with oilpaper.
- His religious concern underlay his life long writings.
- In fact antimicrobials have been performance proven in many applications for over 50 years, for example in underlay, clothing, bedding, pillows, paints and now carpets.
- Besides products , the blue style package with the black underlay brings forth the elevation of the brand .
- The seam is made with an underlay, which is cut to a width double that of the seam allowance.
The schizoid underlay in hysteria.出自： fig.
They vnderlaye them with grasse.出自： R. Eden
Underlaying the sea with electric wires.出自：Athenaeum