- [C]趋势,倾向 general tendency or direction
- [C]流行 a fashion or style
a general direction in which something tends to move;
"the shoreward tendency of the current"
"the trend of the stock market"
general line of orientation;
"the river takes a southern course"
"the northeastern trend of the coast"
a general tendency to change (as of opinion);
"not openly liberal but that is the trend of the book"
"a broad movement of the electorate to the right"
the popular taste at a given time;
"leather is the latest vogue"
"he followed current trends"
"the 1920s had a style of their own"
turn sharply; change direction abruptly;
"The car cut to the left at the intersection"
"The motorbike veered to the right"
- The trend of prices is still upward.
- The youth like to follow the latest trends in fashion.
- This quartet represents a major new trend in modern music.
- The event changed the trend of public opinion.
- The mountains have a western trend.
- The prices of houses are trending upwards.
- The trend towards product customization has forced many apparel manufacturers to shift from mass production to more flexible, high-volume production.
- Actually, the trend of Anti-Humanistic thought is also a kind of humanism which is deeply influenced by the shift of western philosophy.
- The rise in violent crime is a disturbing new trend.
- Can anything be done to reverse this trend?
- The trend at the moment is towards a more natural and less made-up look.
- set a/the trend
开风气之先,带领新潮流start a style, practice, fashion, etc. that others copy
Their path lay along the coast trending round to the west.出自： J. R. Green
The whole stream trended off in this new direction.出自： T. Hardy
The ground trended steadily upward.出自： K. Roberts
Between the two faults are several cross faults..trending NW/SE.出自：Caves Caving
- trendy adj. 时髦的,赶时髦的,追随时髦的