- a tall perennial woody plant having a main trunk and branches forming a distinct elevated crown; includes both gymnosperms and angiosperms
- a figure that branches from a single root
- English actor and theatrical producer noted for his lavish productions of Shakespeare (1853-1917)
- force a person or an animal into a position from which he cannot escape
- plant with trees
- chase an animal up a tree
- stretch (a shoe) on a shoetree
- They barricaded the main road with fallen trees.
- Most trees shed their leaves in autumn.
- Bushes were interspersed among trees.
- Generally, trees should be repotted in the spring.
- The children are planting trees by the river.
- We need to plant trees this year.