- [C]庙,寺,神殿 building used for the worship of a god or gods, especially in non-Christian religions
place of worship consisting of an edifice for the worship of a deity
the flat area on either side of the forehead;
"the veins in his temple throbbed"
an edifice devoted to special or exalted purposes
(Judaism) the place of worship for a Jewish congregation
- The heathen temple was torn down by a crowd of religions fanatics.
- He who does good comes to the temple gate, he who loves reaches the shrine.
- We reached the temple through an unfrequented mountain track.
- There is a large mural in the temple.
- The exclusion of women from the temple made them feel sad.
- The temple has been considered an example of classic design.
- The ancient temple was built of wood.
- Many temples were beautifully built.
- There is a temple to Confucius there.
Even as a young girl I danced in our village temple.出自： R. K. Narayan
Gathering stones for a temple so they could worship their own god.出自： L. Spalding
- synagogue 犹太人集会
- church 礼拜仪式
- house of worship 礼拜堂
- house of God 教堂
- mosque 清真寺
- pagoda （尤指佛教或者印度教的）...
- sanctuary 圣所
- delubrum 古代罗马的寺庙...
- shrine 圣地
- naos 古寺院
- sanctum sanctorum 至圣所
- chapel 小礼拜堂
- chantry 附属于礼拜堂的小教堂...
- Holy of holies (犹太教)至圣所...
- cathedral 大教堂
- basilica 长方形会堂
- joss house (中国的) 庙
- place of worship 礼拜的场所
- tabernacle 礼拜堂