- v.把 ... 带到教堂接受某种宗教仪式
- [C]教堂 a building for public Christian worship
- [U]礼拜仪式; 礼拜 the religious services held in a church
- [S]神职,牧师的职位 the profession of the priests and people employed for religious reasons
- [U]教权 religious power as compared with stated power
- [C]教派,教会 the organization of Christian believers, or of any of the various branches of Christianity
- one of the groups of Christians who have their own beliefs and forms of worship
- a place for public (especially Christian) worship;
"the church was empty"
- a service conducted in a house of worship;
"don't be late for church"
- the body of people who attend or belong to a particular local church;
"our church is hosting a picnic next week"
- perform a special church rite or service for;
"church a woman after childbirth"
- Church begins at 9 o' clock.
- Christians go to church on Sundays.
- Everyone in church knelt in prayer.
- I'm just going to the church to see the priest.
- The Church has a duty to condemn violence.
- She loves church music.
The church is close to the shops.
The church was decorated with flowers.
The church was a quiet haven amidst the noise and bustle of the streets outside.
Our church held a fair to raise money for charity.
They designed the building to be a church.
Stained-glass windows ornament the church.
She crossed herself as she left the church.
There are three churches in this town.
She lives in the second house after the church.
You will find the shop you are looking for beside the church.
They bought a new censer for the church.
Commercial buildings are now beginning to dwarf the city churches.
Church begins at nine o'clock.
Aaron never goes to church.
Christians go to church every week.
He studies for the Church.
By his donation the church was able to build a new Sunday School.
The old man has one son in the medical profession and another in the church.
She forsook her worldly possessions to devote herself to the church.
The church women are forming a benevolent society.
Which Church do you belong to?
- as poor as a church mouse
赤贫的 very poor
He was as poor as a church mouse. 他一贫如洗。
I don't know how they manage to bring up four children—they're as poor as church mice. 我不知道他们如何设法养育4个孩子——他们一贫如洗。
- 赤贫的 very poor
- at〔in〕 church
在教堂做礼拜 doing the religious services held in a church
Most villagers are now at church. 现在村里大部分人都在做礼拜。
At church I listen to sermon. 在教堂做礼拜时,我听讲道。
They're in church. 他们在做礼拜。
He said that he had seen me in church yesterday. 他说他昨天看见我在教堂做礼拜。
It is not considered correct for a man to wear a hat in church. 男人在做礼拜时戴着帽子,一般认为是不对的。
- 在教堂做礼拜 doing the religious services held in a church
- go into the church
就圣职 become a priest
He decided to go into the church. 他决定做牧师。
His mother wanted him to go into the church, but he went his own way and became a professional wrestler. 他的母亲要他做牧师,但他一意孤行,成了一名职业的摔跤运动员。
- 就圣职 become a priest
- attend (a) church 去做礼拜
- enter a church 就神职,做牧师
- establish a church 建立教会〔教派〕
- give up the church 辞去圣职
- go into a church 就神职,做牧师
- go to (a) church 去做礼拜
- join the church 担任圣职
- neglect church 忽视教会
- famous church 著名的教堂
- free church 自由教会
- local church 地方教堂
- the Broad C- 广教派
- the Catholic C- 天主教会
- the Christian C- 基督教会
- the Christian Science C- 基督教科学教会
- the Congregational church (基督教)公理会
- the Eastern C- 东正教
- the High C- 高派教会
- the Low C- 低派教会
- the Orthodox C- 东正教
- the Western C- 天主教,罗马公教
- village church 乡村教堂
- the C- of Scotland 苏格兰教会
As soon as church was done, she immediately stepp'd out.出自：Steele
- church在用于“去教堂做礼拜〔结婚〕”“在教堂做礼拜”时,是抽象名词,其前不加冠词; 表示“去教堂办事”时，则须加冠词。
- go to church, go to the church
- He goes to church every Sunday.
- He went to the church to look for his wife.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的ciirce，意为上帝的住所。
- church:church n. 教堂, 礼拜堂, 教会, 教派, [宗]礼拜习惯用语after church 做完礼拜之后as poor as a church mouse 一贫如洗, 赤贫的ask in chu…