- Bakbukiah and Unni, their associates, stood opposite them in the services.
- The two scholars stood opposite the master, their arms round each other's waists.
- Villefort would probably have rather stood opposite the muzzle of a pistol at five-and-twenty paces than have heard this name spoken; but he did not blanch.
- Two rivals stand opposite each other and feint, lunge, parry and riposte until one scores the required number of hits to win.
- You, O king, were watching, and there was a single great image. This image, large and its brightness surpassing, stood opposite you; and its appearance was frightful.
- When those controlling speech don't allow truth to enter the public sphere, truth then becomes demonized, and will of the people will stand opposite the truth.