- The wicket opened on a stone staircase, leading upward.
- A smaller grim door on the left hand admitted to the stone staircase, and the rooms on the ground floor.
- Fu Shan heavy water, into a stone staircase, rising, mountain dim, hazy trees, visitors are dim.
- With hurrying footsteps Anna Mihalovna walked up the dimly lighted, narrow stone staircase, urging on Pierre, who lagged behind.
- About a week later the Archbishop climed the long, stone staircase to the tower and peeked through the keyhold to find Wolferl tired but happy.
- Following a stone staircase all the way up and looking around in the distance, one will enjoy the views of mountains beyond mountains and scenery beyond scenery.