- 斯特德 （音译名）
the post or function properly or customarily occupied or served by another;
"can you go in my stead?"
"took his place"
"in lieu of"
- She asked me to attend the meeting in her stead.
- While the chairman is away, another director will act in his stead.
- His anorak has stood him in good stead this winter.
- His knowledge of the subject stood him in good stead.
- My knowledge of French stood me in good stead when I traveled in France.
Great God it planted in that blessed sted.出自： Spenser
It steads not the doomed man that he have interviews with the King.出自： Carlyle