- [U] 淀粉 a white tasteless substance forming an important part of foods such as grain,rice,beans,and potatoes
- [U] [C] 含淀粉的食物 food containing this
a complex carbohydrate found chiefly in seeds, fruits, tubers, roots and stem pith of plants, notably in corn, potatoes, wheat, and rice; an important foodstuff and used otherwise especially in adhesives and as fillers and stiffeners for paper and textiles
a commercial preparation of starch that is used to stiffen textile fabrics in laundering
stiffen with starch;
- Sugar and starch are broken down in the stomach.
- You eat too much starch.
- I think there's too much starch in their diet.
- Starch my shirt's collar, please.
- Corn starch is used as a thickener in stews.
- You should avoid sugars and starches.
- alkali starch 碱淀粉
- starch syrup 淀粉糖浆
- carboxymethyl starch 羧甲基淀粉
- starch value 淀粉价,淀粉值...
- starch paste 浆糊
- pearl starch 颗粒状淀粉
- liver starch 糖原,肝淀粉...
- tuber starch 块茎淀粉
- hydroxyethyl starch [化] 羟乙基淀粉...
- starch sugar 淀粉糖
- potato starch 马铃薯淀粉
- animal starch 糖原,动物淀粉,糖元...
- corn starch 玉米淀粉
- maize starch 玉蜀黍淀粉,玉米淀粉...
- unmodified starch 非改性淀粉
- modified starch 改性淀粉
- wheat starch 小麦淀粉
- reserve starch 贮藏淀粉
- starch iodide [化] 淀粉碘化物;...
- soluble starch 可溶淀粉
She had put so much starch in my dress it came up like a tent.出自： Harper Lee
Bulky from a prison diet strong on starch.出自： Jonathan Ross
She starched up her behaviour with a double portion of reserve.出自： Smollett