- vi. 眯眼看；斜视；窥视；偏移
- vt. 使斜眼；眯眼看
- n. 斜视；斜孔小窗；一瞥
- adj. 斜视的；斜的
abnormal alignment of one or both eyes
the act of squinting; looking with the eyes partly closed
(used especially of glances) directed to one side with or as if with doubt or suspicion or envy;
"her eyes with their misted askance look"
cross one's eyes as if in strabismus;
"The children squinted so as to scare each other"
be cross-eyed; have a squint or strabismus
partly close one's eyes, as when hit by direct blinding light;
"The driver squinted as the sun hit his windshield"
- He squinted in the bright sunlight.
- He squinted through the peephole.
- A squint can sometimes be corrected by an eyepatch.
- If I squint with all my strength I may see it.
- He has a bad squint.
- Let me have a squint at the picture.
- manifest squint 显斜视,显性斜视...
- squint hook 斜视钩
- squint brick 异形砖
- paralytic squint 瘫痪性斜视
- divergent squint [医] 散开性斜视,...
- latent squint 潜在斜视
- angle of squint 斜视角
- squint angle 斜视角
- dynamic squint 机能性斜视
- squint quoin 斜角隅石
- squint-eyed 斜视的
- take a squint 看一下
- have a squint at 看一下
- take a squint at 看一下
- have a squint 看一下
She'd a slight squint in her left eye.出自： W. H. Auden
Paragraphs in the..papers, squinting at the possibility of a scandal.出自：New York Evening Post